An online diary of my challenges and triumphs in my favorite indoor pasttime - pole dance!

Welcome to my pole dance page. Although pole dance isn't my main love or my career, it does make up a big part of who I am. I discovered pole dance a few years ago at a studio in Calgary. I tried out a class or two and really enjoyed it, however, it wasn't until I discovered my current, more qualified studio that I really fell head over heels in love with it. Let me clarify that I am not a pole dance instructor. I cannot offer advice or instruction. If you are interested in pole dance, do yourself a huge favour and find a certified instructor. Under no circumstances should you ever attempt even the most basic pole dance moves without qualified instruction. Copying what you see off the internet is a great way to permanently injure yourself. This blog is just a way for me to share my experiences; in no way is it meant to provide instruction.

Jan 19, 2012

The Jack Knife


Last spring when I completed my federal taxes, I wrote myself a note in the paperwork that I'd be using for this year's taxes.  Among financially-related tax advice, I wrote, "I expect you to be doing a jack knife by the next time you do your taxes."  So the pressure has been on.  And here it is.  (And yes, I ripped the skin off my hand with this one.  Peeled off a callus.)