An online diary of my challenges and triumphs in my favorite indoor pasttime - pole dance!

Welcome to my pole dance page. Although pole dance isn't my main love or my career, it does make up a big part of who I am. I discovered pole dance a few years ago at a studio in Calgary. I tried out a class or two and really enjoyed it, however, it wasn't until I discovered my current, more qualified studio that I really fell head over heels in love with it. Let me clarify that I am not a pole dance instructor. I cannot offer advice or instruction. If you are interested in pole dance, do yourself a huge favour and find a certified instructor. Under no circumstances should you ever attempt even the most basic pole dance moves without qualified instruction. Copying what you see off the internet is a great way to permanently injure yourself. This blog is just a way for me to share my experiences; in no way is it meant to provide instruction.

Apr 2, 2011

The Gemini

When I first started pole dance a year ago, I was always checking out moves done by advanced students adn professionals on YouTube.  As a newbie, I decided that the most amazing move of all was the Gemini, and I set my sights on that challenge right from the very beginning.  When I was finally taught the Gemini in Level 5, I was over the moon!  I was so excited to finally nail this one, but all of a sudden I also felt a little lost.  I had worked so hard towards getting this one move that I didn't really know what to do next!  After a few weeks of thought, I decided that my next long term goal to shoot for is a Jack Knife.  So...stay tuned! 

Gemini